From 5th January 2015 all primary children across P1-3 can access free school meals.
Your children can access free school meals if you are receiving:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (CTC), but not Working Tax Credit, and your income is less than £16,105
- Both maximum Child Tax Credit and maximum Working Tax Credit and your income is under £6,420
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit
- If aged between 16 and 18 years old and receive any of these benefits in your own right, you can claim free school lunches
Some local authorities also provide free breakfast, fruit and or milk to some children they are responsible for. Please check with your local authority to see if your child is entitled to receive any of these.