Every Local Authority has an individual set of standards which qualifies you for free school uniforms. To apply you must fill in an application form and provide proof of benefits. The general benefits are:
- Income Support (IS) / Pension Credit / Universal Credit
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (CTC), but not Working Tax Credit, and your income is less than £16,105
- Both maximum Child Tax Credit and maximum Working Tax Credit and your income is under £6,420
Please check with your local authority to see what they provide and who qualifies for help.