Services in Perth & Kinross

This page details a list of local support services in Perth and Kinross that you can contact for further support for your family. These services range from family support to specific support needs.

If you run a service and it is not in this list or your details may have changed, please contact us so we can adjust.

Services in Perth & Kinross

Change is a Must (Perth & Kinross Council)

Change is a Must works with children and families who have complex and multiple needs and are adversely affected by substance misuse. The project has a multi-agency team that works in partnership between health, drug and alcohol services, and education and children’s services. They work with children aged pre-birth to 8 years who are at significant risk of harm, providing intensive early intervention support for up to a year.

Change is a Must
Team Leader / Senior Practitioner
Education & Children’s Services
Perth & Kinross Council
Almondbank House
Lewis Place
Perth PH1 3BD

T: 01738 472 260

Childcare & Family Information Service (Perth & Kinross Council)

Perth & Kinross Childcare and Family Information Service holds a wide range of information for families including details of all types of childcare, family support, services for children with additional support needs, services for young people and leisure opportunities in local areas. If you can’t find what you are looking for, please get in touch and we will do our best to help.

Perth & Kinross Childcare and Family Information Service
Community Wing, Perth Grammar School
Gowans Terrace
Perth PH1 5AZ

T: 0345 601 4477

Family Mediation Tayside & Fife (Relationships Scotland)

Family Mediation Tayside and Fife is a member of Relationships Scotland. They support individuals, couples and families experiencing relationship difficulties. They have offices in Dundee and Glenrothes, from which they offer a range of services, including family mediation, counselling, family therapy and supervised contact, to families throughout Tayside and Fife.

Family Mediation Tayside & Fife
21 Dock Street
Dundee DD1 3DP

T: 01382 201 343

Home-Start Perth

Home-Start centres provide a range of support to families with at least one child under five years old. Each centre has trained volunteers who support families who may be struggling with isolation, physical health, bereavement or a range of other issues.

Home-Start Perth
The Gateway
North Methven Street

T: 01738 638 847

Hopscotch Perth & Kinross (Barnardo's)

Hopscotch Perth & Kinross provides individual therapeutic work, counselling, groupwork, befriending and mentoring for children and young people affected by parental alcohol and/or substance misuse. The aim of the service is to reduce the impact of parental substance misuse on children and young people and therefore, help improve their mental health and wellbeing.

Hopscotch Perth & Kinross
3 Fleuchar Street

T: 01382 640309

Kith 'n' Kin (Aberlour & Tayside Council on Alcohol)

Kith ‘n’ Kin support children (0-16 years) who have been affected by parental substance misuse and live with a kinship carer. The service aims to improve family wellbeing, by providing emotional support, advice and signposting to both carers and children. Support may come in the form of one-to-one work, groupwork or activity days.

Kith ‘n’ Kin
18 King Street

T: 01738 580 336


Mindspace Limited was formed as a self-help group for people recovering from mental illness. Their services now also include a counselling service, training and learning opportunities, and peer support.

18-20 York Place
Perth PH2 8EH

T: 01738 631 639

Nordoff Robbins Scotland

Nordoff Robbins use music therapy to help people with a range of conditions including learning disabilities, neurological disorders, life-limiting illness, brain injury, cerebral palsy, mental health issues, trauma, stroke and dementia.


Parent to Parent

Parent to Parent is a voluntary organisation which supports parents/carers of children with additional support needs, whether physical, learning, sensory or behavioural. It also supports parents/carers of children who are seriously or terminally ill or who have suffered a bereavement of a child. It provides advocacy for children and young people with additional needs. They support families that live in Angus, Dundee or Perth & Kinross.

Parent to Parent
Ardler Clinic
Turnberry Avenue
Dundee DD2 3TP

T: 01382 817 558

Perth Prison Visitors Support & Advice Centre (Crossreach)

Perth Prison Visitors Support & Advice Centre, run by CrossReach, is situated on the right-hand side of the main prison visitors centre, adjacent to the visitors car park. They support families of prisoners, some of whom may have travelled a long distance.

Perth Prison Visitors Support & Advice Centre
HMP Perth
3 Edinburgh Road
Perth PH2 8AT

T: 01738 625 503

The Speech Language Communication Company (SLCo)

SLCo has a range of information services that provide help and advice to parents and carers about speech, language and communication. Their staff cover Dundee, Angus, Perth and Kinross, Edinburgh and Lothians, Glasgow, Greater Glasgow and Clyde, Borders and Western Isles; they organise local support groups, workshops, one-to-one support, and can arrange a Speech Language Therapist guided support service.

The Speech Language Communication Company
42-44 Castle Street
Dundee DD1 3AQ

T: 01382 250 060
text: 07580 022 151

Support in Mind Scotland - Tayside

Support in Mind Scotland seek to support and empower all those affected by mental illness, including family members, carers and supporters. They run a range of projects for people affected by mental ill health throughout Tayside.

Support in Mind Scotland – Tayside
10 Constitution Road
Dundee DD1 1LL